Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Clarisse and Charles





Back in my undergraduate days, as film major, I started taking filmmaking courses. Since I didn't want to have to beg my friends to be in my film projects, I decided to make my characters... I suppose that's when my doll-making days began. After that I just couldn't stop. My first project was called 'A Mild Infatuation', featuring Clarisse and Charles. The assignment was to make a film that had characters and a plot (mine ended up a bit thin on plot, but not worse than those of my classmates), and had to be about obsession and/or revenge. The idea behind my little film was that Clarisse is obsessed with hands, so she kills her boyfriend, Charles, cuts off his hand and preserves it. Then she hangs herself because she can't stand the guilt. The large backdrop painting posted earlier was used in the scene were Clarisse hangs herself. I also used to have a tree made from a tree branch, it cost me a tetanus shot, and had real tiny crab apples glued to its branches. Pretty nifty. It didn't make one of my many dorm-to-dorm moves. I also had a whole room set up for Clarisse, with a window and fake fruit and all that (they're in one of the pictures)... Here we go...

No comments: